Partner(s)
greyhat

can NOT retrieve/scrape the variable data BUG

ReplyThanks 2016/01/10 07:53:24 0 0

Operating System:Windows 7

Operating System Bit:64bit

Software Version:3.8.9

WhiteHatBox V1.2.1

I've spent countless hours trying to make my 1st bot, and after doing so, I finally managed to make a really simple but very useful bot. I first noticed the problem in Editor, but ignored it so I can run my bot in Runner, only to discover the same FREAKING bug/problem.

1) In the Editor, HOW do we save the results of our variables? Ex: Emails & Passwords

I've read here: http://www.whitehatbox.com/bbs/BBSPost?postid=573#.VpI5QvkrKHs

but that does NOT explain HOW to scrape the data from the variables that was entered.

2) WHERE is that info about that scraped data is being stored? I searched the WHOLE whitehatbox install directory and there is NO SUCH DATA about any variables that were created!!!

3) WHY ON EARTH is Runner NOT SAVING to the CSV file for saved results?

4) WHY ON EARTH is Runner NOT CREATING a CSV file at all to save my desired results?

5) WHERE ON EARTH does Runner store the data from variables that is used?

I am trying my best to stick with this software, like it, and learn it....but this is becoming extremely frustrating. I've made about 20 test email accts, which were successful, but I can not find the emails & pw's from the variables to log into them with.....WHATS THE PURPOSE of spending days & weeks learning this software to make emails accts then if I cant log into them??????

The other thing that botchief should do is WRITE the data INSTANTLY, on the fly, so that if RUNNER/EDITOR crashes, at least the data was stored BEFORE hand.

The 2nd thing is that when saving the results, we should have the OPTION to save to .txt file instead of csv (with out own custom delimiter would be an extra bonus)

Danksta
2016/01/10 09:04:34

There is everything that you asked already in botchief :3

It does write perfectly! And it also makes the file properly! Try watching more tutorials of botchief on youtube

Alternatively you can use show variable and then copy paste the results but that wouldnt be necessary since the write function works perfectly

Also in variable management there already is a delimiter function which you can use to make those into user:pass or whatever you want

Also can you stop writing in caps? its very much annoying and looks exactly like what a 10 year old does

greyhat
2016/01/10 17:33:02

Sensitive to caps? No problem, I'll refrain from using caps.

Danksta, your reply has nothing to do with what information Im specifically requesting. This is why I was using caps, to really stress & emphasize keywords that wouldn't be overlooked and ignored, that I need specific answers to.

I understand that you have the pro version, I do not, Im using the free version, so the entire file operation module is not available to me. Further more, even if i had the pro version, your response doesn't address my inquiry about where and how to retrieve the existing data from the variables that were used.

So am I to understand that no matter what version, free, pro, elite, dev, that we can not retrieve to extract/scrape data from variables that were used unless we use the File Operation module that is only available to Pro-Dev users?

That cant be correct because on the 1st link I inserted, WhiteHatbox gave the instructions to perform this task, but not the actual example of how to perform this task located here: http://www.whitehatbox.com/bbs/BBSPost?postid=573#.VpI5QvkrKHs

The above is what your reply is insinuating. So Im politely asking you (or anyone else) please help me understand & execute my specific tasks, so that I can retrieve the info from my successfully created accts, which will ensure that Im safe to create more accts because I'll have the information to log into them, PLEASE!

greyhat
2016/01/10 18:09:17

"Alternatively you can use show variable and then copy paste the results but that wouldnt be necessary since the write function works perfectly"

I forgot to mention that I've already tried that as well. In both editor & runner, a window pops up with the information that you cant copy from, so that is pretty useless unless I manually type the info to a txt file which even then would still be useless because it only displays one variable at a time. That means I wont know which password goes to a specific acct, besides that, the whole point of this software is to create bots to automate tasks so that end users are more productive & efficient.

"Also in variable management there already is a delimiter function which you can use to make those into user:pass or whatever you want"

This is true for the editor only, but the same isn't there for using "Runner".

As of now, there is only 1 way for me to create a bot to partially help me accomplish my tasks.

That is to create a bot to make 100 accts, "email1-email100", and assign all of them the same password, so that I can log into them once they're created. While this is better than nothing, its also highly unsecure.

greyhat
2016/01/11 03:53:14

BUMP.

Can someone please assist me by answering this? I have both editor & runner open for about 2 days now, because I do not want to close the apps and potentially loose that information if its not being saved somewhere.

Because I have had them open for the past 2 days now, that also means that I cant create new bots (for fear of overwriting the data) and neither can I shut down/restart my pc , so PLEASE help.

WhiteHatBox
2016/01/11 04:52:19

First, thanks Danksta to help here.

Hi greyhat, If you use End action to return the variables at the end of the module in your bot, and then you can select in the botchief runner to save which variable when run in to a csv file.

If you want to use more powerful saving function in botchief, you need use the Pro file write action.

Frankly, if you really want to use the most powerful functions in botchief and let you be more easier to make your bot more smarter, you'd better use the paid version, at least the Pro version.

Free version is good, but sometimes, it is limited.

Let's ROCK!
greyhat
2016/01/11 20:09:04

Hi WHB, nice to see you again. Im having major problems as you can see, because botchief isn't executing the tasks properly. So I need you to answer these questions precisely because I'd like to retrieve the data that has been used (in my current instance of both Editor & Runner.) I'll break everything down:

"Hi greyhat, If you use End action to return the variables at the end of the module"

I've already set the End action to return the variables in both Editor & Runner.

In Editor, I've made about 5 test accts with End action to return the variables of Email & Password at the end of the process, also, there is no option to Save the returned results somewhere, like csv or txt file.

1) How do I locate the returned values of the variables from the 5 runs that generated my 5 test accts in editor?

2) How do I then extract all of the returned values from the variables once I locate them, in editor?

This is vital to me because when working and testing out my bots (to perfect them) I'd still like to retrieve the data from the test accounts that were successfully created while creating my bot.

For Runner:

3) How do I locate the returned values of the variables from runs that generated my accts?

4) How do I then extract all of the returned values from the variables once I locate them?

Runner will not create a csv file Bug.

Runner will not create a csv file, runner can't save returned values externally, via csv/txt. I have also tried creating a csv file first, before using the Runner, and then telling Runner to use the premade csv file, and Runner will not use the premade csv either.

5) How do I force Runner to create a csv file temporarily until this bug is fixed?

"Free version is good, but sometimes, it is limited"

This means that any custom acct creation module I create is useless because I cant retrieve the info to them, such as email & password, because Runner is not saving the results properly to csv. This is something that should be working by default, even in Free version. Runner should also have the option to save to txt files as well to make it more versatile.

"In BotChief Editor, you can use the scrape action to save id and pw into string variables, and use End action to set the saved string variables as return values. Then in botchief, you can select to save the return values"

5) How do we use scrape action to save ID & PW into string value?

a) Set Scrape Type to Advance Scrape? Because we want to scrape data from variable?

b) If (a) is True,

c) Then we select 1."scrape one txt" or 2."scrape some text"

c1) if scrape one text, we set "save to variable" then select an existing variable or create a new variable?

c2) then we go to "Set Scrape" and set "properties need to be scraped" to what?
I've clicked them all, with remove html tag on & off for each property, and there is no results.

d) IF (c1) is False, then go to (e)

e) go to (c2) and select "scrape some text.

(when clicking variable management, it does not retrieve existing variable, and if you click create new variable, it will not retrieve that newly created variable either)

f) repeat (c2)..."set scrape, then click what in "properties need to be scraped"?

(no matter what property is set, with "remove html tag" on or off, it does nothing and show no results)

g) IF (d) is false, then come to forum and request specific instructions for further help.

h) done!

Aprilcaicai
2016/01/12 04:09:07

Question: How to locate the returned result?

Answer:

1. On BotChief Editor, first you need to add an End action for your module.

Then on its settings interface, check Good End option.

Select the variable you want to return, and then click “Save”button.

PS: the result will be saved on BotChief Runner with a CSV file, so there is no need for you to find out where the result is saved.

2. On BotChief Runner, create a task for your module at first.

3. Set value for your variable. And then click “Save”.

4. Click these options, and then you can save your result to a path that you want.

If there is still question, please feel free to have a contact with us.

greyhat
2016/01/12 04:27:10

LETS ROCK!!!

Ok, after spending more hours and really dedicated, Im starting to figure (some of) this out.

So far, Im able to save both email & pw into a variable...although I dont completely understand how I did this.

Currently I am back tracking my steps to make this make more sense to me, so that I can replicate this at will, for any task.

I should have a thorough understanding on all of this by the end of today :)

Assuming I get this correct today, I would need to understand a few more things:

i) "Then in botchief, you can select to save the return values"

Once the returned values are saved in Editor, how do I then extract/export/retrieve all of the data from these saved values externally? like to txt/csv?

Because If I can not acquire the saved values, then there is no point to making acct creation bots in the free version of Editor. This will be a big problem because Runner will not create a csv file, and runner can't save returned values externally, via csv/txt.

greyhat
2016/01/12 04:39:24

Oh Hi April,

We were creating our posts at the same time. I didn't see your post until after I posted.

I've done exactly all of those steps, and it does not work.

What Im saying is that although I have done all of those steps, botchief Runner will not create a csv file, and therefore it will not save any data because there is no csv file to save to. This is a major bug with Runner 3.4.2 free version, which needs fixed asap.

Because Runner will not create a csv file, I tried to create my own csv file and tell Runner to save results to it as a temporary work-around. That does not work either.

"PS: the result will be saved on BotChief Runner with a CSV file, so there is no need for you to find out where the result is saved"

I disagree. I need to find out where the saved result are located so that I can retrieve existing data that was used for my accounts when I was creating my bot in editor, so I can save it myself.

I also need to find out where the saved results are in Runner because Runner does not create or write to csv, therefore I need to save the existing data myself.

<< < 123 > >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option