WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
greyhat
2016/01/12 04:45:26

Perhaps I should downgrade Runner to the previous version to see if it will then create & write to csv files.

Maybe its just a bug in Runner 3.4.2, I'll look at the changelog to see if there was any major updates to anything critical first.

I know others members here are using Runner as well, and they're not complaining about this bug. So hopefully its just isolated to Runner 3.4.2

greyhat
2016/01/12 04:49:51

update:

there is no changelog for BotChief Runner.

Aprilcaicai
2016/01/12 21:29:13
that was impossible, what bot do you want to create? can you give me the details? i am glad to help you.
greyhat
2016/01/13 05:12:53

@April,

That is very nice of you, thanks for trying to offer help.

But I need you to understand that I need to get the returned values. I can make my own small bot easily, but Runner is not exporting or saving the values because it is not creating csv files.

If you create my bot, and if I run it in Runner, it will not help because Runner 3.4.2 does not save csv files. This is a big problem, and this is why Im asking how can I manually retrieve the values myself.

If Runner exported or saved the returned values the way that it is suppose to work, then I would be making bots, and not forum posts. This is a major bug that needs to be fixed immediately.

Please install Runner 3.4.2 (free version) on your machine, and then try to save the returned value to csv file. You will see that it will not create a csv file at all.

Aprilcaicai
2016/01/13 05:28:14
14 # greyhat 1/13/2016 5:12:53 AM

@April,

That is very nice of you, thanks for trying to offer help.

But I need you to understand that I need to get the returned values. I can make my own small bot easily, but Runner is not exporting or saving the values because it is not creating csv files.

If you create my bot, and if I run it in Runner, it will not help because Runner 3.4.2 does not save csv files. This is a big problem, and this is why Im asking how can I manually retrieve the values myself.

If Runner exported or saved the returned values the way that it is suppose to work, then I would be making bots, and not forum posts. This is a major bug that needs to be fixed immediately.

Please install Runner 3.4.2 (free version) on your machine, and then try to save the returned value to csv file. You will see that it will not create a csv file at all.

Hi, i jsut installed Rnnner 3.4.2(free version), and i also can save the returned value to a csv file.

here are one things that you must do i think. on botchief editor, you must check the returned vaule on the End action's setting interface. so when you run your bot on BotChief Runner, you will find a path to save the result.

if you have followed the steps that i described but still can not find it, i have to say it is really strange.

greyhat
2016/01/13 05:46:49

greyhat
2016/01/13 06:13:30

"you must check the returned vaule on the End action's setting interface. so when you run your bot on BotChief Runner, you will find a path to save the result"

Yes, I checked that step first in Editor.

I can not go back to a previous version like I said I would try earlier, because when I did the update, botchief was not backed up (which may be another bug)

So instead, I'll just uninstall, and then re-install the whole whitehatbox software. Hopefully that fixes it.

Wish me luck

Danksta
2016/01/13 10:59:37

Send the .dat file in here! I'll check whether the problems with the module or with your program

It works perfectly with me

The program might not be getting the end action or might not be finding controls

Try to send if possible

greyhat
2016/01/14 04:50:26

Thanks Danksta,

I've managed to get most of this figured out. Im able to write to csv file.

I ended up using my laptop, which has an earlier version on it.

Now Im able to use my pc and save to csv.

I'd still like to know where the data to the variables are stored for in Editor.
I'd still like to know how to retrieve the data from those variables in Editor

(for when Im creating test bots, to save data from successful runs/debugging)

Danksta
2016/01/14 05:19:34

Well now how were you able to use it? xD You had troubles for days right?

What data are you talking about though? It saves only if you tell it to save

And you can only retrieve if you have put it in "end" statement

Well i wont tell you again to buy pro next time, since i already have told you countless times :P But i usually get the log files and save the entire variable list via the write function but i reckon you dont have that in free version

THe only thing you can do is make a "good/bad end statement and depending on that it will save the required variable

VerifyCode
Advanced Option