WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
Sain

Questions about platform options

ReplyThanks 2014/08/29 08:32:22 1 0
I decided to create some projects in BotChief, so I will have many questions about this platform options. To not create new topics for every question, I created this 1 topic. So, I will publish all my questions in this 1 topic.
Sain
2014/08/29 08:35:09
Q1. In Project action settings we can see option "need update old task". How this option work?
Sain
2014/08/29 14:55:23
Q2. I have an idea to create 3 different bots, that will work with the same website. First 25 actions of all bots are the same. How to copy this actions from 1 application to 2 others?
Sain
2014/08/30 04:13:43

Q3. In new version of BotChief Editor (v.3.1.6) we have UseragentSet action. Now we can use 2 different ways to change user agent:

1) Create a local initialize variable (string type) and in project settings set this variable as a user agent. When run task, provide list of user agents for every account needed to be created.

2) Use UseragentSet action inside project. When run task, provide list of user agents for every account needed to be created.

If I need to define different User Agents to every account, that bot create, which type of user agent change is better? In this case, all variants works the same way?

WhiteHatBox
2014/08/30 18:56:53
2 # Sain 8/29/2014 8:35:09 AM
Q1. In Project action settings we can see option "need update old task". How this option work?

Usually after we create a template/project/bot , we will put this into botchief and create task in botchief to run. If you make an update to your bot and checked the option "need update old task" , then replace the old template in botchief, the old tasks created with this bot will not run, it need create a new task for the new bot update. This option is for letting botchief know the updated template need create a new task to run, can't use old tasks in botchief.

Let's ROCK!
WhiteHatBox
2014/08/30 18:57:42
3 # Sain 8/29/2014 2:55:23 PM
Q2. I have an idea to create 3 different bots, that will work with the same website. First 25 actions of all bots are the same. How to copy this actions from 1 application to 2 others?

Just copy the template file, and rename it, then import into botchief editor.

Let's ROCK!
WhiteHatBox
2014/08/30 19:03:21
4 # Sain 8/30/2014 4:13:43 AM

Q3. In new version of BotChief Editor (v.3.1.6) we have UseragentSet action. Now we can use 2 different ways to change user agent:

1) Create a local initialize variable (string type) and in project settings set this variable as a user agent. When run task, provide list of user agents for every account needed to be created.

2) Use UseragentSet action inside project. When run task, provide list of user agents for every account needed to be created.

If I need to define different User Agents to every account, that bot create, which type of user agent change is better? In this case, all variants works the same way?

If you want the end-user to set the useragent by themselves, you should set init variable and allow user to import their useragent list, and in the template you should use UseragentSet Action to set the useragent.

If you just want to change the userange automatically when create account. You can add a variable with a list of useragent in side the template, and set one useragent randomly every time.

But notice , some times if you change the useragent, the web page will change, and the template maybe not run well. So if you change useragent, you should always use the same type useragent to the useragent when you create the template, like all use pc useragent, or all user mobile useragent.

Let's ROCK!
Sain
2014/08/30 19:14:10
Q4. In Project properties we have defined by default user agent. If inside project we will use UseragentSet action, which one will be used - defined in project properties or by action?
Sain
2014/08/30 19:26:05
Q5. In my project I need to use the same proxy for accounts every time (first account - first proxy, second account - second proxy,...). I created string variables for proxy and accounts and when create task provide list of accounts and list for proxies. I need to use 1-st proxy only for first account, 2-nd proxy for 2 account..., but BotChief use it randomly. How to make things that I needed?
Sain
2014/08/30 19:29:14
Q6. When my bots will be created, I want to provide it to my friends. To compile it in exe files I needed developer license. Where can I see examples of such bots created in BotChief? Can you provide some video with interface customization process?
<< < 123 > >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option