WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
tomt

Running Project

ReplyThanks 2016/06/22 01:08:44 0 0

I have successfully made a module. It runs correctly in BotChief and also BotChefEditor. However, Run Project in BotChief nothing happens. The module does not need any data input from the form. What I am wanting to do is to compile the program to run from my vps. Start the program, module to do what it does, after task completed program (form) shuts down.

I have used both RunFunction and RunWebSubmitModule. Neither activates my module. Somewhere the form is not connecting to the module to activate it.

Aprilcaicai
2016/06/22 01:42:48

Hello tomt,

Please send your project to me, i will check it. Thanks

tomt
2016/06/22 02:29:55
I just discovered Compile Module. Not exactly what I was wanting. But if this is the route I have to take I can make it work. I uploaded the files that were created to my vps and the program did what it is suppose to do. Still would be better if I could just click start program, it runs in the background, when all tasks are completed, shut down.
Aprilcaicai
2016/06/22 02:56:05
We are still confusion about you said, you can add our skype account: whitehatbox we can check it for you via remote control. Or you can send your project to us, we will check it for u.
tomt
2016/06/22 10:04:56

I do not have a skype account. How do I go about sending my project to you?

To me, this is a simple bot. It does one task. On a new wordpress multisite install, it logs in to wordpress admin network, goes to plugins, activates all plugins. I have tested it a few dozen times by manually deactivating all plugins and running the module. The project has only one module and the module works perfectly every time. Even the compiled module works on my vps.

The problem is when in BotChiefEditor, Debug and Run - Run Form or Run Project does not work. The form opens up but nothing happens. What I am looking for is a one step auto start bot. The compiled module is two steps. After the program opens up you still have to click "run". I would like to eliminate that second step. Oh, and there is a third step, after all tasks are completed, click close program. I would like this step to be eliminated too. When tasks are completed, bot shuts down.

I currently have 50 some wordpress installs waiting to be set up. I would like to run a bot with Windows Command Line or with a bat file. If this is not possible, ie. extra step, click "run", I understand. The bot as is will still save enormous amount of time.

tomt
2016/06/22 11:56:34

OK, I am not one to sit around and wait on an answer. I have figured out how to get the form to run the module. So in debug mode, Run Form works. Now I am stuck at Run Project. A dialog box says - Please set start form first. Still looking to figure this part out.

tomt
2016/06/22 12:53:55
I haven't figured out what that dialog box - set start form first - means. I did however went ahead and compiled the project. Uploaded the files to my vps. It works. I can run the execute file from a command line. It starts and stops just like I want it to do. I am a very happy camper at this point. Now I am moving on to creating other bots to help set up my wordpress sites.
Aprilcaicai
2016/06/22 22:18:38

Sorry we do not answer you asap, cause we are in a different time zone.

This dialog means you need to set a task run window before running your project. Check this link to learn how to create a project.

http://www.whitehatbox.com/bbs/BBSPost?postid=1839#.V2tG8uTflIk

<< < 1> >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option