WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
SKC1406

Unable to run module in new window

ReplyThanks 2017/07/02 00:43:42 0 0

Hi/editor/attached/file/20170702/20170702004315_0805.dat,

I'm new to Botchief and I've just been creating a new/test module to get my head around things.

I've added some simple commands which run fine within the editor itself, but it doesn't seem to work when running in a new window - it comes up with the error 'cannot find controls'.

Attached is the .bat file. The error appears to be in step 37. I've tried stripping out some of the rows on the lookup to see if there was a variable that was changing each time (after searching for this issue on the forum), but to no luck. I must be making a simple error and was wondering if anyone could help?

Cheers,

David

Aprilcaicai
2017/07/03 14:05:49

What is your PayPal/Payment email account please?

Can you show us the screenshot of this module's settings in step 37? Some of the elements will change for each fresh, so you'd better delete the elements which contain the number.

Please do not post the same content twice next time. Thanks

Josie Moris
2023/06/26 14:37:25

you haven't provided the attached .bat file or any specific code snippets that could help me identify the issue in step 37. However, I can offer some general troubleshooting steps that might help you resolve the "cannot find controls" error:

drywall repair near me washington dc

1. Check the element IDs: Ensure that the IDs used in your commands correspond to the actual IDs of the controls in the target window. Sometimes, the IDs can change dynamically or have a prefix/suffix that varies, causing the script to fail when run in a new window.

2. Verify control types: Make sure that the control types specified in your commands match the actual types of the controls you are interacting with (e.g., text box, button, dropdown list, etc.). Using the wrong control type can result in a "cannot find controls" error.

3. Delay before accessing controls: Introduce a small delay before accessing the controls to ensure that the target window has fully loaded and the controls are available. You can use the "Delay" command to pause the script execution for a specified duration.

4. Check window focus: Confirm that the target window is active and in focus when running the script. If another window is in focus, the script may not be able to find the controls in the intended window.

Anna White
2023/06/27 01:01:56

Make sure that the window you're trying to interact with is open and active when running the bot. If the window is not open or there are multiple windows, it may result in the "cannot find controls" error.

waterproofing contractor Wilkinsburg pa

<< < 1> >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option