WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
ebooksmoney

Really good to be a new SpinnerChief III Ultimate customer

ReplyThanks 2014/04/11 08:13:32 0 0
SpinnerChiefIII finally out and have a new ultimate version.

A new customes only pay $177 for this full version.

I bought SpinnerChief Elite on Aug. 2011 paying $197 with free upgrade for life,

later I got free upgrade to SpinnerChiefII Elite. (Highest version level)
But this time, it add a new level called "ultimate"
as an old user, I have to pay $67 more to get this full version
and as a news customer, only pay $177 ($127 with discount)

As a business owner, try to get more customer is really a normal thing, and it should be.
But not in this way making a new version level and charge more from the old users,
so next time, will it be a new level 4, level 5, level 6 versions? And old users have to pay more again?
You should keep improving the software to attract more customers
and many software develpoers on the market are doing in this way and get great success.

Please consider the old customers' feeling. We pay more and get less.
I think it's really unfair to the old users. This upgrade should be free also, free upgrade for life.
If you are a SpinnerChiefII Elite user, how do you feel and think?

Thanks.
hydride
2014/04/11 10:30:46
I'm in the same boat as you. I have SCII Elite and all this upgrading is costing too much. Sigh. No good. I'll try SC3 Elite and see how that feels and if it's worth it. People at TBS seem to be doing good.
Vincent
2014/04/12 04:23:46

Hi,

There was a problem with the wording for SC II, and this has been discussed in depth on various forums. We used the word "upgrades" and it should have been "updates".

It's our error, and we have apologised publicly many times. It is not possible for us to give free upgrades, that would be the same as Microsoft offering Windows 8 free to XP licence holders.

If you bought SC2 Elite you have a great app, and we will continue to support it. (Unlike MS who have stopped supporting XP :) ).

Furthermore you can upgrade free from SC2 Elite to SC 3 Elite.

The reason that SC3 Ultimate costs extra is because it really is new software. It's taken us over 1 year and $KKK's to develop fully and we can't just give it away free, that would be bad business.

Hydride, you don't have to upgrade. You have SC2 Elite, it's a great app, it's still working, it will always work, and we will always support it.

urn357
2014/05/01 17:10:51

I feel the same way. I bought the best version back in 2012 (elite) and after going through the trouble of getting a serial number, thinking the whole time I would be able to use the newest SC3, I can't use it fully. I feel ripped because I only bought the software being convinced that I would always receive free upgrades for life no matter what it is. That is not the case here and it is misleading a customer. On the windows xp to windows 7 comment: The reason that doesn't compare to this is because Microsoft don't promise free windows upgrades for life. I was promised free upgrades to spinnerchief for life. Yes, you can argue we were upgraded to SC3 elite, but it pretty much is the same as SC2 elite. So, yes you pulled a fast-one on us and that is not how you treat lifetime customers expecting to get what they were told they would get.

I've already taken my money to spin rewriter anyway before the SC3 ultimate upgrade because they beat you to the punch and it saved me so much time. Guess I'll continue with them.

WhiteHatBox
2014/05/03 00:20:10

@urn357, how much is spin rewriter ? As far as I know, it is much expensive than SpinnerChief and not get better spin result than SpinnerChief 3. Plus, it is just a web spin tool with few functions.

We promised the free update for all functions, but never promise free upgrade. It is a different thing. In fact, we give some new functions free too in new version. But we can't give all free new upgrades that spent us much time and money to develop, unless we want to kill ourselves.

Plus, if you bought the spinnerchief subscription, you can get new sc3 fully free too. If you bought the one time fee, and now you still want to get the one time fee for sc3 ultimate, you just need pay a very small fee.

Let's ROCK!
ITS
2014/08/05 13:12:40

You should kick your SC designer. The app looks like the programmer has eye cancer, sorry!

Why no spend at last $10 in a better gui design?

Why can't I cange the fonts, why does the gui looks that worse?

I'm programmer (C++, .NET, Python) and really it's a shame that you don't care about the look of the user interface.

WhiteHatBox
2014/08/06 12:29:21
man, what is the problem about the interface?
Let's ROCK!
<< < 1> >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option