WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
jverley

BotChiefRunner Question? Broken?

ReplyThanks 2017/02/12 09:01:59 0 0
I got this program yesterday and upgraded to PRO to use the runner packages and such. I tested all of the email ones, and as far as I can tell they do nothing? AM I doing something wrong, or are they all just broke and in there to waste unsuspecting fools time? (like myself?)
Aprilcaicai
2017/02/12 20:56:04
Hi, very sorry for the inconvenience, for the System module, we are updating it, please wait for the update. Currently you can create a module using Botchief Editor, and then run it on BotChief Runner.
More videos have been displayed on the first page of botchief forum, please go to watch them first.
http://www.whitehatbox.com/bbs/BBSPost?postid=176#.WKERv30mNQ4

Have a nice day!!!

jverley
2017/02/14 00:19:10
Is it possible to get a refund? I bought the pro version a couple days ago, and this "bug" along with not being able to import variables from one module to another is preventing me from using/doing what I wanted with the product.
Aprilcaicai
2017/02/14 21:41:44

This is not a bug, botchief never have this feature before. What would you do using this feature? We will take it into consideration, if we can make it done, we will update it asap.

Have a nice day!!!

jverley
2017/02/14 22:47:38

**********Please note to anyone reading this post, the software is great in my opinion, but has a issue for MY particular use. Do not take this post as a bad "review" of the product.*************

For the "bug" about the runner not running the email system packages, I was going to use them to sign up for the accounts to use in my personal modules.

For the variables not being able to be imported from one package to the next. My use for the software was to make a few hundred modules for signing up on "dissimilar" websites, and then posting content to said websites. The reason for separate modules for each site, was to be able to customize the package at run time by excluding non relevant site, or broken sites for each particular run. The time/development constraints that are making the product unusable for me come into play with trying to recreate each variable by hand (initial creation, not population/initializing it, as I'm doing that with your table variable(array) function).

It doesn't sound like a deal killer when reading it, in fact seems almost like a petty complaint. But when you factor in the time it takes to make one variable from the GUI then multiply that by 50 or so per package, then by the amount of modules I wanted to develop to start, it starts becoming a time/financial burden. 2 minutes per variable * 50 variables * 300 modules = 30,000 minutes (500hrs) just dedicated to creating the same variables over and over for me... As you can see for my particular use, this gets a little out of control...

From a development solution to this particular problem, for myself anyway, it would make more sense to just code out my packets by hand in vb. then I can just cut and paste the variable info, cutting the 30,000 minutes down to around 10.

Let me know, I would appreciate the refund for sure, but either way I would need to use a different solution for this particular project.

Aprilcaicai
2017/02/15 01:41:11

For the system module on Runner, after these sign up sites update, all of them needs phone number to verify, so they cannot be used to create accounts automatically. But we have updated some modules which do not need the phone number to verify. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
Seems i know what you want, you do not want to take too much time to create same variable for each module, correct?
Actually you can only create the variables you need on module 1, and then copy this module, and then name it module 2. So all the variables will be on the module 2 automatically, and you do not need to recreate them. Check this post: http://www.whitehatbox.com/bbs/BBSPost?fid=17&postid=1905&pid=2#.WKP3E_ImNQ4

The content is much larger, so I just send part of the screenshot of the content from the above link, please check the link I sent to know more.

jverley
2017/02/15 03:54:21

Thanks, that is an interesting work around that should help in some cases.(mainly if you are writing a package where you happen to know all the variables before you start)

I've actually already switched to a competitors product that has this functionality already built in and a few other ways of mass importing and setting of variables.(it was just a financial decision, as it will save me a ton of development time)

If I could get a refund that would be great, but if you guys can't afford to or don't want to, I guess that's ok too...

<< < 1> >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option